Part II !!
This is the second part of the Must-Know Rules of a Fashion girl’s life !!
6. Karma: No one wants to be around someone who is full of him or herself. It’s simply unpleasant— and, as previously mentioned, word spreads fast. It’s totally fine to think the world of yourself, but consider keeping some of that self-aggrandizing to yourself. Confidence is key, but over-confidence is dangerous.
7. Take a deep breath: At the end of the day, every fashion girl worth her salt knows that none of this isreally that serious. While there’s certainly a lot of money tied up in the fashion world, it’s not like we’re curing cancer or doing brain surgery. So when it all starts to seem a bit overwhelming and your stress levels reach an all-time high, take a deep breath and remind yourself that no one is going to die because of anything you do (or don’t do).
8. Want it? Ask! : If you want something, just ask for it—most of the time, you’ll get it. And even if you don’t, at least you can be at peace with yourself knowing you expressed your desires.
9. Risk: This one’s a bit riskier, but most of the time asking for permission serves little purpose aside from slowing you down—chances are, you’ll be allowed to do whatever it is you’re asking permission for. Just go ahead and do it, but know your reasons for proceeding. That way, if something comes back to bite you, at least you’ll know why you acted.
10. Smile (Often!) : In the fashion world, seeing a person with a permanent scowl on her face is (sadly) a normal occurrence. Instead, stand out from the crowd by smiling at passers-by, strangers in the crowd, and literally everyone you come across. Smiling at others makes them feel good and encourages them to remember you—and (bonus!) it actually makes you feel better, too.